Current X-Division Champion Rich Swann has just re-signed with Impact Wrestling. According to a report from PW Insider, the 28-year-old signed a new 2-year deal with the promotion. Swann spoke with PW Insider about his new deal.

“If you look at the landscape of professional wrestling today right now, it’s booming,” Swann said. “Somebody would that say with AEW going on and WWE right now, they would say that Impact might be under the radar. But, from being inside the company, and seeing the roster and seeing everything, seeing how it’s grown over the last year, I feel that this is the company that is the best fit for me.”

Swann recently defended his X-Division title successfully against Sami Callihan at Rebellion.

“I want to be a part of something that is growing right now,” Swann continued. “I feel like we’re going to make some moves.”

Swann suggested he could be with Impact well beyond the 2-year deal he currently has as well.

“It’s a multi-year deal and that’s something we can build off of," Swann said. “Seeing how the company is growing, there’s no reason to think that it can’t become a relationship that lasts even longer. I’m treated very well and I’m very happy there. It’s one of the most packed rosters right now.”

Swann also spoke about how supportive the company has been to him during his time there.

“I’m a part of something that, other than the wrestling side, people actually care about you, you know what I’m saying?” Swann continued. “I’m not saying that people in other wrestling companies don’t care [when you work there] but it really comes across and like, something like that is really big for me. That’s what made me to decide to re-sign with these guys and to continue working with them. It keeps me in a good head place. It keeps my head in a good space.“