Rob Van Dam has opened up on his decision to be back under contract with Impact Wrestling (formerly known as TNA Wrestling).

The former WWE, ECW and Impact Wrestling Champion signed a new deal with Impact Wrestling last month.

This was before he made his return to the promotion alongside Sabu where they teamed up to take on Pentagon Jr. and Fenix at the United We Stand event. The show went down on April 4th during WrestleMania weekend from the Rahway Recreation Center in Rahway, New Jersey.

RVD, who has worked a few matches for Impact since then, spoke with Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful about making his return to the promotion.

In this interview, RVD would explain that money combined with a light schedule and Scott D’Amore convincing him were factors in his decision to compete under the Impact Wrestling banner again.

“When I first talked to Scott, we were just talking about (United We Stand). Over the last three years, I’ve had about 10-12 matches a year. I haven’t really been interested in doing more than that. But good business is good business.

I’m always interested in business when it’s good. Scott said he wanted to run by some future dates with me and as you could imagine, the biggest factors were on the business end. That’s what most of us look for is compensation and the schedule. It looks like a schedule that’s not too heavy. It’s not going to change a whole lot of my life.”