The Impact Wrestling World Champion won’t be at the upcoming tapings in Philadelphia. According to a report from Wrestling Inc, Cage has been pulled from this weekend’s tapings and could miss even more time due to injury.

Cage was injured at the Rebellion PPV and did not appear at the tapings held the next night. Impact is scheduled to film 4 episodes of Impact Wrestling this weekend from the famed 2300 Arena in Philadelphia.
Brian Cage Injured

Cage was taken to hospital following the event. He is believed to have been injured during a standing Spanish Fly from the entrance ramp to the floor. Cage finished the match but was taken to hospital after.

He updated fans on his condition during the Busted Open Radio episode on Monday. At the time, Cage didn’t think he would miss much time.

“It doesn’t look like I’m going out. [The doctor said] I think you’re gonna be fine, you just have severe inflammation and bone bruise, there could be a small fracture there… however, if it is a fracture, I don’t see it being any major fracture and even then, there’s nothing you can do much for that, so maybe just err on the side of caution.”

He released the following statement on Instagram the day after the injury occurred:

“Not the way I wanted to end the night or the picture/post I thought I’d be making. Very disheartening and disappointed how it went down. This is a moment I’ve dreamt about and have waited, trained, sacrificed and busted my ass for. And to say it doesn’t break my heart and sour my victory would be lying. Thanks for all the congrats and well wishes from everyone. Will see where we go from here…..”