Knockouts Champion Taya Valkyrie defended her title successfully at Rebellion against Jordynne Grace. She spoke to the Dailly DDT recently about a variety of subjects.

A longtime Reina de Reinas Champion in AAA, Taya talked about what it was like returning to Mexico with Impact Wrestling.

“I think that especially for me, returning to Mexico as Knockouts Champion for those tapings was a surreal moment, a hundred percent,” Taya said. “Specifically the lucha libre fans in Mexico and specifically also in Mexico City where we filmed, have just been such a huge and influential part in not only my professional career but me personally, in my personal growth.”

Taya continued to express appreciation for her large fanbase in Mexico.

“I know that, no matter what company I return to Mexico with, they’re there with open arms and are just so supportive of everything that I do.”

Taya was trained by Lance Storm, who has recently begun a working relationship with Impact Wrestling. He referred the match between Johnny Impact and Brian Cage at Rebellion.

“Lance has always been so supportive of me throughout my incredibly strange journey which took me to Mexico and back. So it was really cool to be working with him again and having those kinds of special moments. And having him backstage, watching my matches again, and things like that. That, I never thought would happen. So I’m honored to have him be a part of Impact.”