Zach Gowen is grateful for his time in WWE. In fact, he says that Vince McMahon saved his life by paying for his drug rehab, allowing him to live his dream, and paying for two prosthetic legs.

He spoke about his gratitude for Vince McMahon in a recent interview with journalist Chris Van Vliet.

“I want to tell my truth and my story and it’s ‘Thank you Vince’,” Gowen said. “He gave a kid who was on his deathbed who was losing his leg to cancer, 10 years later I’m in the ring with Hulk Hogan and living out my childhood fantasy and inspiring others.”

Gowen is now a 36-year-old father of two. He still performs on the indies and most recently wrestled a couple of matches for Joey Ryan’s Bar Wrestling in February.

“(Vince McMahon) also gave me legs to walk on and 10 years after that, he’s saving my life and now I get to be a 36-year old father of two and now I can affect other people’s lives with what I do in all of my work whether it’s speaking, yoga, wrestling or whatever it is,” Gowen continued.

Gowen considers himself semi-retired as an in-ring talent.

“As a wrestler, I’m semi retired,” he said. “Honestly if I look back at my career, I couldn’t have scripted it better. All of my dreams were fulfilled and then some beyond what I could have ever imagined.”

“I just got into wrestling so I could get into a wrestling ring have my first match and anything beyond that was a bonus and icing on the cake. To be able to look back at my accomplishments and the people I’ve inspired it really brings so much joy to me.”

Gowen would like to work backstage. He specifically mentioned Impact Wrestling as a place he’s interested in working.

“I kinda want to work for Impact Wrestling in a backstage role. I’d love to do that because they’re in Canada so it’s not too far away, I wouldn’t have to relocate and I’m friends with a lot of talent there.”