WWE RAW & SmackDown Women’s Champion Becky Lynch recently spoke with MassLive.com to talk about a wide range of pro wrestling related topics.

During the interview, she was asked about her rise to the top of WWE. This is where she made it known that she thinks last year’s Money In the Bank pay-per-view started the journey that she’s on and featured as a top act in the company.

According to Lynch, she thinks the fans were sick of her being overlooked by the company, which started the movement.

“Every time I stepped foot on the ladder, to win that contract [to receive a championship opportunity], the crowd went mad. It showed everyone that I have a bond with the audience. That maybe they were sick of me being overlooked. And I really attribute that to everything else that happened.”

Lynch will pull double duty against Charlotte Flair and Lacey Evans at the Money In The Bank pay-per-view event on Sunday, May 19, 2019 in Hartford, CT at the XL Center that will air on the WWE Network.

She’ll defend the RAW Title against Evans while Flair will challenge her for the SmackDown Title.