Kevin Owens recently joined the State of Combat podcast to talk about a wide range of topics including his history with WWE Champion Kofi Kingston.

This is where Owens talked about Kingston earning the title match against Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania 35 last month and ultimately winning the belt.

There are some who think that Owens was originally supposed to be Bryan’s opponent at this show but with Kingston’s performance in February at the Elimination Chamber PPV, things became clear that he should be in that spot.

Owens believes that Kofi didn’t step into anybody’s way actually but rather the fans got behind him at the right time and earned the spot.

“While it may have changed people’s plans, I wouldn’t say that he got into anybody’s way. All he did was be himself and be Kofi Kingston and that is what got him there because the fans decided that they were going to get behind him more than anybody else.”

Owens will now challenge Kingston for the strap at the Money In The Bank pay-per-view event on Sunday night. Make no mistake about it though, Owens thinks that he should be champion instead of Kingston right now because he’s a family man.

“I want the moment for my kids and my wife, so now Kofi Kingston is in the way. He wasn’t before but now he is, so I am going to do my best to get him out of the way.”