All Elite Wrestling/AEW will be presenting their first official PPV event ‘Double or Nothing’ next Sunday May 25th. The President of AEW Tony Khan recently spoke to ITV. The UK version of the PPV will be available on the ITV Box Office platform.

“We are going to be offering a great sporting centric product,” stated Khan. “We are going to be focused on the athletes. Focused on the work and we have some of the best wrestlers in the world and I really want to showcase them. But they also are some of the most dynamic personalities. I don’t want people to think that this is just going to be great matches. There is going to be a lot of great matches. But it is also going to be some of the most entertaining guys in pro wrestling and these guys are going to be unleashed. You are going to see their personalities and I have spoken with the men and women in this group and there are some great personalities and those personalities are going to shine.”

Khan elaborated further, saying “The shows are going to be great and not what people expect. We are going to take the matches seriously. I want wins and losses to matter. That is the point of wrestling, everyone is striving to be a champion and your stature in the company is marked by your win-loss record. I think it’s going to be a different wrestling show then people have seen, and the best wrestling show people have seen.”

It will be interesting to see if the statistics AEW are promising and the ‘win-loss’ count will help them differentiate enough against WWE.

You can check out the full interview below: