Former WWE Superstar Tye Dillinger recently appeared on the Edge & Christian podcast. The long tenured NXT and main roster Superstar discussed a variety of topics with the two WWE legends.

Dillinger spoke about his time in OVW and in particular a match against John Cena. The ‘Perfect 10’ said that Cena was very nice and laid out the match in such a way that would showcase the, then, Shawn Spears.

He said that “finally when we [he and Cena] did run into each other, I think the second match had just started and they were not going to go 20 minutes because it was pouring. So he kind of just said, ‘alright, what do you do?’ And I was like, ‘uh…’ And I think I had a title, like I might have had the OVW Television title at the time. So I was like, ‘hey, how about I catch you with a quick rollup somewhere, maybe they’ll think, ‘ahhh!’ I’m trying to be like, ‘whatever you want to do!’ And then, he kind of just looked at me for a second. I went, ‘oh s–t, I said the wrong thing. Dammit!’ He kind of looked off to the side and then he rattled off a finish for us that we had knocked down a referee; I brought in the WWE title; I hit him with that. He rattled off this finish, and I’m sure you guys know, and it was like, whoa.”

Dillinger elaborated on the story further saying that “he didn’t have to do that for me and he did. Here’s the guy, on top, making the company millions and millions of dollars, has a big match a month later, a day later. Who knew? But going out of his way to take some kid who he doesn’t know, maybe that he probably barely heard of, and he made it a night I will never forget. so hat’s off to John Cena.”