Braun Strowman has accomplished a lot during his time as a main event Superstar.

“The Monster Amongst Men” is not only a Money In The Bank winner, he also won the Greatest Royal Rumble and is an ex-RAW Tag Team Champion with his partner, Nicholas. Most recently he emerged victorious in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at this year’s WrestleMania 35.

One prize continues to elude him, however: the WWE Universal Championship.

Despite being primed for numerous title opportunities, Braun has yet to call RAW’s red championship belt his own.

In an interview with Daily Star Online, Strowman addressed his championship aspirations. He claimed that 2019 will be the year in which he climbs back up the mountain.

“[…] it is a little frustrating as it’s been so close so many times,” Braun admitted. “Literally had my fingertips on it, but it’s motivation to keep working harder.”

“The big goal this year is getting back in that WWE Universal Championship picture as I have slid down the mountain a little bit.”

He continued, “But I am going to keep clawing tooth and nail to get back as it’s the one thing that’s eluded me. I want it, I am hungry, and the monster’s ready to eat.”

Strowman believes it’s only a matter of time until he claims the Universal Championship, calling it “inevitable.” According to him “you can’t fight the inevitable. Its gonna happen.”

Braun Strowman is scheduled to face off against former Intercontinental Champion Bobby Lashley. The two will face off on June 7th, 2019, for WWE’s Super ShowDown event in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.