According to Konnan, if he didn’t have a wrestling podcast he wouldn’t watch WWE at all. Konnan was recently a guest on the WINCLY podcast and spoke about how the promotion which once cast him as Max Moon has “lost their way.”

“I think they’ve shot themselves in the foot so many times,” Konnan said. “There’s no show that if it was as bad as WWE has been for the last few years, I’d still be watching.”

Konnan specifically mentioned the short Rey Mysterio match at WrestleMania as something which bothered him.

“Just the unnecessary filters and unnecessary backstage politics – you gotta watch what you say and do. Them writing out promos that are brutal, just some terrible stuff said on TV. Rey Mysterio going on WrestleMania and he’s in there for one minute? C’mon!”

If action movies are your thing, John Wick 3, honorable mention to some lucha, wrestling, & MMA moves thrown into the fighting scenes plus the usage of dogs…#BOOM

— Konnan (@Konnan5150) May 17, 2019

“It’s almost like this company that was so great at storylines and making stars and vignettes – they’ve lost their way.”

Konnan would continue to say that not all of the fault for this lay with Vince McMahon.

“A lot of it can be contributed to Vince McMahon but a lot of it is also the talent,” stated Konnan. [I]“You can’t become complacent. Do you wanna be safe and good or do you wanna take a chance and be great? Almost all the great ones have better

Konnan works backstage with several promotions including Major League Wrestling. He compared MLW CEO Court Bauer (who worked in WWE as a writer for several years) with Vince McMahon during the show.

“I don’t know Vince that well. But like Vince, [Bauer] is a workaholic. To be 70 years and still be going to all of the TV tapings and all that…he built it. That’s his empire. All of the mistakes Vince has made, you also have to look at all of the successes he’s had,” said Konnan. “I believe the one thing Court learned from Vince was probably his work ethic. He’s also working and there’s no better recipe for success than hard work.”