Impact Wrestling announced in October that Jordynne Grace had signed with the promotion. It turns out, however, that was not entirely true. Grace had received a contract from the promotion but never signed or returned it. This led to a brief free agency period for the 23-year-old.

She has since actually signed with the company and posted the following in regards to this:

Sometimes happiness isn’t a feeling. It’s a decision.

Many paths have been placed in front of me during the past 24 hours, but just one place I feel I truly belong.

Happy to officially call @IMPACTWRESTLING home for years to come.

— Jordynne Grace (@JordynneGrace) May 19, 2019

It had been her plan to show Impact her worth before coming back to them with her contract. Grace explained her contract situation in a recent interview with Fightful.

“I was hoping to have some good matches and show that I could follow direction and criticism beforehand, of course. I wanted to renegotiate the original deal once I had shown I had value and worth,” Grace said.

“Thick Mama Pump” also talked about offers she had on the table during her brief free agency period.

“I had contact with each of those companies (ROH, WWE, AEW, NWA), and had many options and offers in front of me. At the end of the day, Impact is where I wanted to be. I was ready to make a difficult decision if needed, but I was sincerely hoping everything would work out in the end! I can’t be sure if Double or Nothing had anything to do with it, but it’s a possibility.”

Grace continued to speak in regards to how much she enjoys working for the company.

“I cannot stress this enough. I love Impact,”
Grace made a point to say.”No company is flawless, of course, and I think anywhere I went, there would have been some sort of problem. No company is truly without issue. Whether it’s not enough exposure, not enough money, not being used properly, not being used enough… I’m sure I would have gripes with ANY company. Impact is a company I truly believe in, and they’re doing their best. I have amazing friends there, and I have a blast backstage.”