Earlier this week WWE announced that Hall Of Famer Mick Foley will be unveiling a new championship on this week’s episode of Raw.

Due to Foley’s association, a lot of people believed that the company will be bringing back the Hardcore title. However it didn’t turn out to be the case and this is why they booed the introduction of the 24/7 championship, according to the WWE Hall of Famer himself.

Elijah Burke tweeted about the segment where Mick introduced the title and wondered why the people in attendance booed the angle because Foley delivered a great promo.

Replying to him, the former World Champion said that the people were probably expecting the return of the classic Hardcore title:

Pope – I think the crowd was hoping for the return of the classic Hardcore Title. Thanks for the compliment, but I felt like I came up pretty short on that promo. No one’s fault but my own.

— Mick Foley (@RealMickFoley) May 21, 2019

It’s worth mentioning here that Foley had made similar comments during the post Raw interview while talking about the negative crowd reaction he received.

The former Champion said that fans were disappointed but you can’t turn back time and he went on to claim that the 24/7 title is fresh and people will really enjoy it in coming weeks, as seen in the video below: