Ring Of Honor saw the debut of a new faction during the G1 Supercard show on April 6th.

The Allure, comprised of Velvet Sky, Angelina Love, and Mandy Leon, made an impact, attacking Kelly Klein after her match against Mayu Iwatani.

Speaking with Kevin Kellam of WrestleZone, Velvet Sky has now clarified her role within the Allure and ROH. The former Impact Wrestling Knockout has previously stated that she is retired from in-ring competition. She intends to stick to her word, taking up the mantle of manager to Love and Leon.

“I still stand as being retired in the ring. Back when I announced that in 2016, I made it clear that I retired from in-ring action only,” she explained.

Sky would continue, detailing her frustration and unhappiness working for Impact during that time, in particular with management. So when her contract expired, she felt it was the right time to leave.

She had no interest in working the independent scene, saying she didn’t want to just “bump night after night for no reason” before adding “As a professional wrestler, you just have to know your limits and you only have so many bumps on your bump card. Any wrestler will tell you that.”

“[…] So mid-2016 I announced my in-ring retirement, but I made it clear that I would still be around for the fans to do meet-and-greets, autograph signings, just be involved in the wrestling industry in a non-wrestling role,”
she said.

“That’s still my stance, and I’m in a non-wrestling role in The Allure. I’m more the managerial mouthpiece, directing traffic, and Mandy and Angelina are going to be the ass-kickers of the group. We’re The Allure as a group, but we also have our own individual identities as Angelina being the badass, me being the brains and Mandy being the bombshell.”

Velvet Sky has previously discussed the differences between The Allure and her former stable, The Beautiful People. Despite debuting in April, the stable has yet to really feature on ROH.