When ROH presents Best in the World on June 28th, Jeff Cobb will challenge for the ROH World Championship. Ring of Honor recently announced Cobb will challenge Matt Taven on the promotion’s next PPV from Baltimore.

“I want the man that’s bragging about being the best world champion in Ring of Honor history,” Cobb said on ROH TV recently. “I want Matt Taven. More importantly, I want what Matt Taven has, and that’s the Ring of Honor World Championship.”

Cobb recently lost the ROH TV title to Shane Taylor in a 4-way match. In lieu of receiving a one-on-one match with Taylor, Cobb said he wants to challenge for the World Championship instead.

“Taven will defend the title against Cobb at the Best in the World pay-per-view (streaming live for HonorClub) on June 28 at Baltimore’s UMBC Event Center. As with all of Taven’s title defenses going forward, his fellow Kingdom members TK O’Ryan and Vinny Marseglia are banned from ringside,” an ROH press release reads.

The only other match officially confirmed for the event thus far will be for the TV title. Shane Taylor will look to defend against Bandido. ROH will hold a TV taping on June 1st in Kent, Washington. They will then hold “State of the Art” in Portland the following night.