Brian Cage will put his Impact World Championship on the line against Michael Elgin at Slammiversary next month. Cage won the title at Rebellion in April by defeating Johnny Impact. He would miss TV tapings in Toronto and Philadelphia as a result of a back injury sustained in the match, however.

Cage was recently a guest on the WINCLY podcast and spoke on a variety of subjects. He mentioned that he would love to see more talent-sharing partnerships among wrestling promotions.

“I would love to see more partnerships going down whether it be with Impact and AEW or Impact and ROH,” Cage said on the show.

He mentioned talent-sharing would be a great way to present more fresh match-ups.

“Essentially, everyone in the pro wrestling business is in the business together. We’re all trying to make money and WWE is obviously the global conglomerate and has the stronghold on everything. I feel like everyone who’s competing against each other and them, if everyone would work together, we would present way more possibilities as far as matches and storylines,” said Cage.

Cage also spoke about his upcoming opponent, Michael Elgin, on the show.

“I know Elgin very well as we used to be tag partners and tag champions in PWG,” Cage said. “First and foremost, I’ll say that I’m glad Elgin is in Impact as he’s a phenomenal talent. He brings a lot to an already-stacked roster, especially the heavyweight division.”