Jon Moxley competed at New Japan Pro Wrestling’s Dominion event this past weekend. He would open the show against Young Lion, Shota Umino.

The new IWGP United States Champion didn’t take long in putting away his enthusiastic opponent.

After the matchup, Moxley would get on the mic and declare his interest in being a competitor in this year’s G1 Climax tournament.

Backstage, Moxley reiterated his demand.

Propping up a barely conscious Shota Umino, Moxley complimented his opponent, saying “he did good. He did real good.”

He joked that he liked Shota and that he is his new personal Young Lion, intending to have him act as a spotter in the gym and personal driver going forward before turning his attention to the tournament itself.

“I think tonight, I made my intentions clear,” Moxley said. “The ball’s in New Japan’s court now. See you at the G1.”

As he was leaving, Moxley would turn towards the camera once more after hearing a reporter speak in Japanese, seemingly asking a question pertaining to the G1 Climax.

“I speak the language of violence, but I’m also pretty good with words. Do you understand me? I want in the G1.”

The opening night of the G1 Climax tournament takes place on July 6th from the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas. It is the first time any G1 Climax show has taken place outside of Japan.