Ricochet helped lead his team to victory last night on Monday Night RAW. He teamed up with Braun Strowman and The Miz to face off against Cesaro, Bobby Lashley, and the United States Champion, Samoa Joe.

The matchup was put together after MizTV guest, Samoa Joe, was interrupted by both Strowman and Lashley. The men made their arguments over why they were more deserving of a US title shot. Ricochet then inserted himself into the mix before being blind-sided by a sucker-punch from Cesaro.

In a post-match interview with Sarah Schreiber, Ricochet made his intentions clear: he wants a US championship match.

“I came out because almost every week those two are always arguing about who’s bigger and stronger,” Ricochet said. “And again, like I said, bigger and stronger, that’s not me, that’s not why I came here. I came here because I wanted to win. And tonight, I did that.”

He continued, “I’ve had some success in NXT, everybody knows that, but now I’m here, and I need to make an impact here. I’ve had a string of victories over the past couple of weeks, so I thought what better time to keep that momentum going, and I noticed Joe doesn’t really have any challengers, yet. So, I figured I’d step up, use that momentum to challenge for the US Championship, because, y’ know, that’s what it’s all about. Everyone can argue all they want, but I’m here to win.”

Given Samoa Joe’s recent comments regarding long-term challengers, it appears as though Ricochet may be exactly what the Samoan Submission Machine has been searching for.