John Cena dropped a hint about his retirement while talking about Super ShowDown’s disastrous Goldberg vs The Undertaker match.

TMZ Sports caught up with Cena in New York where they asked him about his part in the upcoming Fast & Furious film, as well as his thoughts on the Goldberg vs The Undertaker match and whether the two legends should just retire and hang up their boots.

Cena made it clear that he thinks it’s up to the individual to retire whenever they want and they will when they are ready to and it is not his place to advise them. However he also added that he has been having the same conversation with himself lately.

“I think an individual’s career is up to the individual. I think that’s pretty much the way I can describe that. I’ve been having the same conversation with myself – I’m only 42 but it’s something that we’ve gotta address each day. And that’s individually specific. When those people are ready to stop, they’ll stop.”

Cena is still just 42 and while he says he’s thinking about retiring from wrestling – possibly to focus on his acting career more, it’s not like we’ll not see him in the ring occasionally on special events.

Cena last appeared at WrestleMania 35 where he returned with his Doctor of Thuganomics gimmick and interrupted Elias’ concert. He dissed Elias with a rap and mentioned turning heel, and hit the Attitude Adjustment on him but only this time he called it by its original name, the FU.