Former WWE United States Champion Rey Mysterio is a supporter of competition within the pro wrestling business.

This was a topic he talked about while making a recent appearance on the WINCLY podcast this week. AEW has already found success and looks to continue that trend when they start their weekly television show on TNT later this year.

Mysterio believes that the launch of AEW has affected the industry by bringing strong competition and competition has always known to be good.

“That is something we’re all gonna have to face and step up our game for talent, behind the scenes, everybody,” said Mysterio. “But at the end of the day, this is great for business in general. We’re all gonna wanna do our best to become the best. I don’t think there is better options than wanting to be the best at your brand.”

With AEW airing on TNT, there have been some comparisons to AEW and WCW as they both broadcasted their product on the television network. With such a good TV deal and big money backing them, many fans think we are upon another Monday Night War even though AEW will air on a different night than RAW or SmackDown Live.

Mysterio gave his take on whether it feels like WWE vs. AEW just yet like it was back in the day with WWE vs. WCW.

“It still hasn’t because it’s not out there fully yet. But I’m sure there’s gonna be some flashbacks to all of us that were in that Monday Night Wars era,” admitted Mysterio. “But the buzz is going around already and a lot of people are either gonna crank up their energy level or be confused and be like, ‘What’s going on?’ But I think it’s gonna be the other way around and everyone wants to work hard at their craft.”