Since WWE’s power couple of John Cena and Nikki Bella split up, the two have run the gamut from claiming to be friends to posting cryptic tweets that may, or may not, have been about each other.

Now John Cena is supposedly dating someone new—in this case Shay Shariatzadeh. Being a major WWE Superstar and blockbuster actor, however, has meant that Cena has had to concede a lot of his privacy, especially when it comes to his relationships.

In an interview with People.com, Cena claimed that he’s learned to no longer let rumors and online speculation bother him.

“I know who I am, and I think that’s very important,” he says. “It’s fine for people to have questions, but it’s fine for me to give or protect certain information.”

Since Cena and Nikki Bella split up, Cena states that he has taken time to assess his “values and beliefs,” ultimately making the decision to keep his personal life out of public eye.

“I think it’s imperative to try things,” he explains. “If you try it and you don’t like it, you don’t need to try it again. I don’t ever judge anybody or criticize anybody for what they share or what they don’t share because I’m not them.”

Although Cena and Shariatzadeh have been pictured together, neither have confirmed the relationship, with Cena sharing that he is taking things “one day at a time” as he focuses on his branching career, including becoming the new host for the TV show, Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader.