Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Angry Kenny Omega Discusses EVP Duties, Says AEW Are Currently “Understaffed”

Kenny Omega isn’t just one of All Elite Wrestling’s (AEW) top wrestlers. He also happens to be one of the promotion’s Executive Vice Presidents.

In an interview with Gamespot.com, “The Best Bout Machine” discussed the new duties he has shouldered in his EVP role, admitting that a lot of the day-to-day is new to him. These responsibilities extend from dealing with creative ideas and behind-the-scenes decisions to sorting out visas for foreign talent.

“It’s the stuff that you don’t really see. I mean the tech stuff. Some of the set design. Those are things that are new to me, and even agenting matches or working on foreign visas, things like that, these are all things that are very new in my world, and these are the things that keep me awake at night.”

“So, I mean, when we’re thinking about how to plan the show, what order things should go in, how to produce a show, timing-wise and all that, working on sponsorships, selecting the arenas, working on the advertising aspect of it,”
    he said.

“And then, you know for me, kind of being the sole Japanese liaison right now, not only am I having to do that during the day, during normal North American hours, I have to be awake for the Japanese time zone. And I have to work with our ladies and men up there to get their visas sorted out, to make sure that they’re feeling comfortable, make sure their flights and their travel’s squared up, hotels, et cetera, et cetera.”

Omega admits that the entire process has been incredibly mentally draining, divulging that he has been under-rested before confessing that AEW is currently understaffed.

“[…] right now, we are understaffed. But every week that goes by, we’re finding new talented people. We’re configuring this team and building a team that really wants to join this project and be successful with us.”

Despite this, Omega believes that by the time AEW debuts on television, their core crew will be assembled, “ready to just hit it home.”

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

I thought this EVP stuff was just a gimmick to get their top wrestlers on Kahns benefit system. If these are real corporate jobs then this is incredibly dumb.