Kevin Owens recently did an interview with Sporting News where he spoke about a wide range of topics.

During the interview, he gave his take about the latest twist that the company has created, which is the Wild Card Rule. This has been a hot topic as of late due to the decline of viewership numbers for WWE’s television shows, Monday Night RAW and SmackDown Live.

Thus, the reason that WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon introduced it a few months ago.

This is where the former WWE Universal Champion praised the company for trying and from his standpoint being successful at bringing unpredictability to the shows each week.

“I guess the whole point of the wild-card rule is to add a sense of unpredictability to all the shows and I guess it definitely has achieved that because you never know who is going to show up where. The wild-card rule itself was very loosely defined when it was first announced and it’s been loosely enforced since it’s been announced.”

Owens continued by talking about how it was supposed to be four guys at first but has since expanded to where ten stars show at one night and only three the next. At the end of the day, he understands the point of the concept.

“I think the whole point is to give a more unpredictable feel to the show itself and its definitely achieved that.”

Owens did note that he wishes that he was on both shows every week that way he didn’t have to be on the road on various weeks not working.