Steve Austin has opened up about his controversial 2016 ‘Stone Cold Podcast’ interview with the Dean Ambrose, now known as Jon Moxley.

The interview, which aired on the WWE Network, became an awkward, intense exchange between the two after Austin suggested that Moxley wasn’t pushing himself hard enough. He suggested that Moxley needed to find his edge—an issue addressed in his recent interview with Talk Is Jericho.

The discussion arose whilst Austin was interviewing All Elite Wrestling (AEW) President, Tony Khan, for his podcast, The Steve Austin Show.

“For whatever reason, we got off on the wrong track,” Austin admitted. “It was a rough podcast. I have been carrying around 1,000 pounds on my back ever since that happened. I felt so bad about that interview, and I was leading the interview. I take the fault of it because I’m there to get people over and make them come off like a million bucks. We just came off on the wrong street and just kept taking left turns and never got back on track, well we never were on track. He had his reasons, and I had mine.”

Following the interview, Austin reached out to Moxley and ended up having a half hour conversation to clear the air.

“There was never any animosity towards us, I didn’t know how he felt about me, and I thought he might hate my guts,” he said. “We got back on the same page, he never hated my guts. I think he’s going to come down to Los Angeles whenever he wants to and we’re going to do the podcast together.”

Jon Moxley has admitted that he wouldn’t have hesitated to have hung up on any other interviewer. But because it was Austin, it gutted it out.

If, and when, the two sit down once more in the future, the end result will probably be dramatically different.