All Elite Wrestling commentator Excalibur was not impressed with Matt & Nick Jackson when he first met the brothers. Excalibur was running a training camp at the time and found the Bucks to be over-confident. He explained the meeting during a recent interview with the AEW website staff.

“I actually met the Bucks for the first time in late 2003; I was assisting Super Dragon at a class at the Rudos Dojo when “Mr. Instant Replay” and “Slick Nick” came sauntering in to class. Instead of doing the drills like everybody else, they were showing off, doing cartwheels instead of rolls, backflips instead of elbow drops, etc. I turned to Dragon and said, “Who do these assholes think they are?” Excalibur said

“Luckily our relationship has improved since then.”

At the time both brothers would have only been teenagers. They would make their debuts in PWG a few years later in 2007.

Excalibur would continue to say, however, that he doesn’t know if the Young Bucks would be the same team today had it not been for their initial over-confidence.

“The funny thing is, I don’t think the Bucks would have become who they are today without that early period of overconfidence. Some guys are like that from the outset and never realize they’re not as good as they think they are.”

The Young Bucks are scheduled to take on Cody & Dustin Rhodes at Fyter Fest on June 29th.

“Fortunately, in 2007 after the Bucks began competing in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla they had a huge realization. They found out firsthand that just maybe they weren’t the best tag team in the world, and used that as motivation. Without that, I feel like the Bucks would have remained at the level they were at in 2007, good but not great. They’ve continued to improve ever since.”