Jon Moxley will head back to Japan for the second night of the G1 Climax tournament on July 13th. He’ll miss the scheduled first night of the tournament in Dallas due to AEW holding his rights in the United States. He sat down with NJPW1972.com to discuss his appearances in New Japan thus far and what he has in store for the upcoming tournament.

Moxley was asked about making his entrance through the crowd at the Best of the Super Juniors, something he often did during his time in WWE.

“That idea was presented to me and at first, I did think it was leaning a little on things I’d done in the past,” Moxley said. “But thinking a bit about it, it was definitely the right thing to do. I don’t want to be ‘too cool’ and ignore the things I’ve done. It is a cool entrance, and something I helped trail-blaze. The best thing about it was that it was a mood changer. The atmosphere instantly changed and I could feel that change.”

Moxley was also asked about changing up his ring gear from what he wore in WWE.

“I wanted to change my look, for sure. When I was in WWE, I always wrestled in jeans, and there was a reason for that; everybody else had fancy tights and I wanted to be the opposite. More grungy, a street fighter type. But wrestling in jeans, honestly, it sucks. They’re hot, sweaty, hard to move in. I’m done with wrestling in jeans! It’s so much easier to wrestle in tights.”

Moxley was also asked about his relationship with Juice Robinson when they were both in FCW together.

“Yeah, many drinks were had in FCW. He was younger than me. Like the Young Lions are in NJPW, he was like that, whereas me and my partner, Seth Rollins, were more experienced. He latched onto us, rode in a car with us and tried to learn. We were pals going through the same experience, of training, of being stressed about whether you’re getting called up… we shared that experience together.”

Moxley then spoke about what it was like wrestling Juice after not having seen him in many years.

“We hadn’t seen each other for four years (when we wrestled) and when you wrestle, business is business. I’d been playing mind games with him too, you know. So for me, business is business and when the bell rings we can go for a beer, but I don’t think he wants that. He wants to come after me, and that’s fine.”