Despite having only recently joined Impact Wrestling’s roster, Michael Elgin was already familiar with the promotion’s product.

In a recent interview with the WINCLY podcast, Elgin divulged that he had scouted the company prior to signing a contract, and thinks highly of Impact’s entire roster.

Having entered himself into Impact World Championship contendership after a post-match attack on Brian Cage at Rebellion, Elgin isn’t looking past other opportunities.

“[…] I think the X-Division was such a standard bearer for the company. The first goal is world championship and whoever is gonna be X-Division champion after Slammiversay, maybe I’ll go after it and be double-champion.”

A well-travelled competitor, Elgin has experience wrestling all over the world. When asked whom he would like to see signed to the Impact roster, he had two names ready.

“Talent-wise, I think AR Fox and Jason Kincaid need to be a part of Impact Wrestling. I’m a huge AR Fox fan, and I think [Kincaid] is special. He’s so talented and one of my favorite people to wrestle. He would be a great guy to have in the X-Division,” he observed.

Michael Elgin is scheduled to face off against Brian Cage for the Impact Wrestling Championship on Sunday, July 7th. The two will clash at Impact’s Slammiversary XVII event, which takes place from Dallas, Texas.