CM Punk posted a question on Twitter recently which garnered a strong reaction from fans. Punk asked his followers why they continue to watch something that they don’t seem to enjoy very much.

Since I can’t have fun and tweet about movies or baseball without you telling me about rasslin’, question for you: Why do you spend your time on something you hate? If it’s soooooo bad, leave it. I did. Works wonders. I look forward to the intelligent discourse.

— CM Puck? (@CMPunk) June 20, 2019

Punk responded to a few comments in the thread as well:

It’s called Stockholm syndrome.

Wrong. I’m the new GM of the Bezos Writeoffs, as soon as the Rays move to Seattle.

Imagine going to the movies once a week to see the same movie you hated last week. For years.

The winner of the 2016 Cruiserweight Classic, TJ Perkins, weighed in on the above comment.

I’ve never wasted a minute talking about something I hate, let alone following it religiously. I can’t imagine wasting my own time like that.

— ?? TJ Perkins ?? (@MegaTJP) June 20, 2019

thanks for the investment

— ?? TJ Perkins ?? (@MegaTJP) June 20, 2019

Punk recently Tweeted out that he enjoyed Batista’s new movie “Stuber.” Batista responded to Punk’s comments as well:

I was trying not to laugh because I thought you would think I was self centered! #EpicFail .. this whole time I’ve been worried you thought I turned into a self centered douche bag because I was laughing so hard at my own novie! ?… @STUBERmovie is just so damn funny! #stuber

— Dave Bautista (@DaveBautista) June 19, 2019

While Punk has not expressed an interest in returning to wrestling, Cody has said the door is always open for him in AEW, however.

“I’ve been very honest about that door remains opened,” Cody said to ComicBook.com. “The fans have never given up on CM Punk and if he wanted to be part of AEW we would do everything in our power to make him part of it.”

“That door will forever remain open to CM Punk. He was very good to me in OVW. He was a great person to learn from in the ring. I had a good relationship with him. That door will remain open, but for All Out the main focus for me is Hangman Page and Chris Jericho to determine the very first AEW World Champion.”