The special guest referee for the WWE Universal Title Match between champion Seth Rollins and Baron Corbin has yet to be set.

The reason for that is an attempt to build interest in the match from the fans. Dave Meltzer reported in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that “they haven’t announced who that is with the idea that will be a big mystery until the night of the show.”

WWE teased some stars for this role on Raw this past Monday but Rollins would then attack those talents with a steel chair. Rollins has dropped Elias, The B-Team, Eric Young, EC3, and others.

Over the weekend, No Way Jose started up a “Vote for Jose” campaign on social media to be the referee. WWE released a video where Rollins talked him out of considering the role.

I should be the special guest ref! @wwe #VoteforJose

— No Way Jose (@WWENoWayJose) June 22, 2019

Everyone, hold on a sec. Little known fact, @WWERollins is my homie. He’d nev…… ?or … I mean.. #VoteForJose

— No Way Jose (@WWENoWayJose) June 22, 2019

With #WWEStompingGrounds coming up tomorrow @WWENoWayJose is campaigning to be the special guest referee in @WWERollins match against @BaronCorbinWWE, but he may be having second thoughts about #VoteForJose

— WWE (@WWE) June 23, 2019

WWE presents the Stomping Grounds pay-per-view event tonight (Sunday, June 23) at the Tacoma Dome in Tacoma, WA that will air on the WWE Network. Rollins vs. Corbin is expected to headline this show.