Jon Moxley will face Joey Janela this Saturday in Daytona Beach for AEW. Following that match, he’ll head to Tokyo to begin the G1 Climax tournament on July 13th. Moxley will miss the first night of the tournament in Dallas due to his AEW contract preventing him from working for NJPW in the United States.

The second part of Moxley’s interview with NJPW1972.com was published today. During the interview, the current IWGP United States champion spoke about why he signed with NJPW, the upcoming G1 tournament, and even a possible match with Minoru Suzuki someday.

“I’ve always been a fan of NJPW. I loved their wrestlers and matches,” Moxley said when asked why he signed with the promotion. “When I was in Florida I was obsessed with watching Hiroshi Tanahashi and Minoru Suzuki. To me NJPW is pro-wrestling, and I knew I needed to be here.”

When asked about the G1 tournament, Moxley had the following to say:

“I’ve watched a lot of matches from it. Lots of great matches, grueling fights. I’ve heard it’s the toughest, most grueling, most challenging tournament in all of sports. It’s a meat grinder, four weeks of hell. It’s got a hell of a reputation as being the toughest thing you can do as a professional wrestler. That’s intriguing to me as a fan, and it’s intriguing to me as a wrestler.”

The topic of possibly wrestling Minoru Suzuki one day was also brought up during the interview.

“I would love nothing more than to share a ring with him,” Moxley said on Suzuki. “He snaps my arm, cool, it was an honor. I snap his, and I’ve snapped the arm of the great Minoru Suzuki. So either way it’s a good result for me and the fans. That idea, it’s just two dudes who… I feel I understand him. The pleasure he gets out of inflicting pain, and the pleasure he gets out of being in wars.”