The Kabuki Warriors manager, Paige recently talked about how Fighting with My Family helped take a new direction in her life and career.

Speaking to The Sun Sport, Paige revealed that she was going through terrible times when the movie was being made, but she was able to power through.

Paige was hit with two drug test suspensions by WWE, and a rocky relationship with her now-ex Alberto Del Rio. She was also the victim of a sex tape leak.

Paige suffered a neck injury and was out of action for a year. When she returned in 2017, she suffered another injury which forced her to retire from wrestling.

Paige says that even though she was going through a lot, she opened her eyes and got out of the bubble so that the movie could be made.

“The movie was in the process of being made while I was going through those terrible two years. I could have lost it completely but I opened my eyes and got out of that bubble quick enough that the movie was still able to be made. It was a wonderful feeling to finally get to watch it and put what I’d done before completely in the past and bury it and pretty much start over again.”

When the movie came out, Paige received a lot of well wishes by her co-workers. One particular personality that also wished her well was Vince McMahon.

“I don’t know what Vince’s reaction to it was. But if you get a big hug from Vince McMahon you’re doing well. I saw him last week and he gave me a big hug and said, ‘I’m very happy for you.’ I don’t know it that’s about the movie or the fact that I’m healthy. I think he probably liked it if he did watch it.”

Additionally, Paige also talked about how helpful Triple H and Vince McMahon can be when it comes to issues with writing, or when they’re not utilised properly.

“It frustrates me but once you actually get to speak with Vince and Hunter about your problems and frustrations, they’re always the first to say, ‘Let’s change this.’

“If you go up to writers it’s like talking to a brick wall sometimes, whereas if you go to Vince and Hunter they’re like, ‘If you have a problem we can change that for you.’”