Health insurance had become the talk of town in the wrestling world recently, with John Oliver having an entire segment on WWE refusing to provide its workers with insurance on Last Week Tonight. AEW, on the other hand, has promised benefits and lighter schedule for wrestlers – but has the same answer more or less when it comes to the question of health care.

There is, however, one promotion who claims to give health insurance and life insurance to its wrestlers. Speaking to Miami Herald, Alberto El Patron – formerly Alberto Del Rio – revealed that his new promotion Nacion Lucha Libre will offer “stuff they don’t have in other companies”, including insurance.

El Patron, who is teaming with Chavo Guerrero Jr. to form the promotion said. “We’re always going to have doctors. [Our wrestlers] are going to have health insurance and life insurance. Stuff they don’t have in any other companies.”

“Most of the companies, including WWE, they have their own doctors. They don’t provide you with health insurance. They force you to get your own health insurance. If you don’t get you own insurance, you’re not allowed to perform. If anything happens in their shows, yes you’re completely covered, which I think is the only company doing that. Me, I remember having a terrible injury about eight years ago and they took care of everything. I think they’re the only company doing that but they don’t actually provide you with health insurance. They’re just covered in their events.”

El Patron explained that NLL will also include a retirement plan. He claimed that other promoters don’t care about wrestlers’ well-being and they’re “just meat” to them.

The promotion has also secured a television deal with Imagen TV in Mexico. NLL’s debut show will be held on Friday, 11 July at Sala de Armas in Mexico City, Mexico. Ricardo Rodriguez will work as a referee in the promotion and names such as MVP, The Lucha Brothers, Chavo Guerrero Jr., El Hijo del Fantasma will be competing at the event. The entire lineup is as follows:

• Alberto El Patron, Hijo Del Fantasma & Rey Wagner vs MVP, Apolo, & Mesias
  • The Lucha Bros (Pentagon & Fenix) vs Chavo Guerrero & Mechawolf 450
  • Daga & Flamita vs Puma King & Rey Horus
  • Thunder Rosa, Cristy James, & Stephanie Waquer vs Sexy Star, Lady Flammer, & Reina Oscura
  • Solar vs Negro Navarro vs Damian 666 vs Canek
  • Mr. Iguana & Fresero Jr vs Bestia 666 & Black Taurus vs Laredo Kid & the Tiger
  • Hijo De Dos Caras, Hijo De Wagner, Dual vs. Bram, La Mascara and Batab El Guerrero
  • Relampago vs. Heddi Karaoui