The Master of 619, Rey Mysterio has been out of action since the Money in the Bank PPV owing to a shoulder injury. Prior to getting injured, The former WWE Champion was embroiled in a feud against Samoa Joe which also saw the involvement of his son Dominic, who was always seen by his father’s side.

Mysterio recently spoke to Kevin Kellam of WrestleZone.com and talked about a variety of topics. He talked about his son Dominic, and how he would like to see him break into the world of pro-wrestling. The Lucha Legend also revealed if he would pass on his legacy and his mask to his son.

“Most definitely. It cost me a lot of work and sacrifice to gain the respect of my uncle in order for him to pass on the legacy of the ‘Mysterio’ name onto me. I can’t even count how many times as a kid that I would cry, I was bleeding, I was injured, but I still worked through all of that to get back in the ring and do what I’m doing now,” said Mysterio

He further added that it is his dream to one day share the ring with Dominic. Mysterio looks forward to the day he can see his son compete – not just as a spectator, but as his Tag Team partner. This is a dream the former Champion has harbored ever since he realized that his son wanted to become a wrestler.

Apart from this, The Luchador also spoke about his expected in-ring return date, his appearance in the Luchaverse comics, and his comic-books inspired outfits at Wrestlemania.