WWE Universal Champion Seth Rollins has offered up an apology to Will Ospreay regarding some comments he made on Twitter last week. Rollins says he’s had time to reflect on the situation and believes his tweets do not align with his values.

“After a few days to sit on it, I’d like to apologize to @WillOspreay for the tweet I sent his way about comparing bank accounts,” Rollins wrote. “It was dumb of me & not in line with my values. The moment I pressed the send button I knew it was trash, but I’m too stubborn for my own good.”

“I stand firm in my sentiments that @WWE is the best pro wrestling on the planet and that I’m the best of the best doing it right now. After a helluva week of travel, our crew didn’t waver for a second. Top level humans busting their asses for the love of the game.

“I couldn’t be more proud to be a champion with this company and represent @WWE and the entire industry in the way it deserves. No more garbage tweets. I can and will be better.”

The online conflict between the two began after Will Ospreay responded to a Tweet of Rollins’. The WWE Universal Champion stated that it would be impossible to find another wrestler who performs at his level as often as he does.

I’m alive.

— (@WillOspreay) June 24, 2019

“Ahhhh I’m sorry little guy,” Rollins Tweeted back. “We already have a better version of you here and he just won his first US Title tonight (Congrats @KingRicochet). Keep working hard though buddy!”

Ospreay then Tweeted out that he had, in fact, wrestled more matches in 2019 than Rollins had.

Fact of the day:

Will Ospreay wrestled more matches in 2019 THAN @WWERollins

Catch up little guy

— (@WillOspreay) June 25, 2019

“I mean if you wanna talk numbers we can compare bank accounts too,”
Rollins responded. “P.S. That’s counting a month off with a broken back…”

You love adding stuff don’t ya. I mean the original question was

“Find anyone else alive who does what I do as well as I do it as often as I do it”

No talk of money. No talk of Ricochet. You said anyone.

Here I am.

Just as consistent, just as good.
Hope the back heals up.

— (@WillOspreay) June 25, 2019

Baron Corbin then decided he wanted to be part of the conversation as well:

Another fact I don’t actually know who you are I just wanted to be apart of the convo.

— Mr. Main Event (@BaronCorbinWWE) June 25, 2019