Legendary Mexican wrestler Perro Aguayo has passed away. His passing was announced by the Perros Del Mal Facebook page as well as through AAA’s social media channels.

Numerous wrestlers and wrestling personalities have been paying tribute to the legend on social media.

“We at the CAC send our deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Don Pedro ‘Perro’ Aguayo, who sadly passed away today,” wrote the Cauliflower Ear Club on Twitter. “There isn’t enough words that could be said here about him but he definitely was beyond that legendary status, and was loved all over the world.”

Konnan also said on Twitter this set of AAA TV tapings are being dedicated to Aguayo:

AAA TV Taping,
San Luis Potosí

Dedicado al Perro Aguayo Sr

— Konnan (@Konnan5150) July 4, 2019

Perro Aguayo used to call me that all the time. Lol, especially when I first moved to Mexico and couldn’t speak Spanish. I would freak out because I couldn’t understand anyone and he would always shake his head and say “Pinche Wera loca”

— Wera Loca (@TheTayaValkyrie) July 3, 2019

Sorry to hear the passing of Lucha Libre Legend Perro Aguayo
I was in awe when I 1st met him 1995#ECW ran a co show w/Triple A
Terry Funk turned on him and a complete riot ensued

— Tommy Dreamer (@THETOMMYDREAMER) July 4, 2019

Aguayo spent much of his early career with the UWF before helping to form AAA in the 1990s. His feud with Konnan and Cien Caras was then a big draw for the promotion. Aguayo was inducted into the Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame in 1996 and the AAA Hall of Fame in 2012.

Perro Aguayo’s son Perro Aguayo Jr. tragically died in the ring in 2015. Aguayo Jr. broke his C1, C2, & C3 vertebrae in his spine during a match in Tijuana for the Crash promotion.