Teddy Hart and the Hart Foundation currently wrestle for Major League Wrestling. Episodes of MLW Fusion can be seen Saturday nights on BeIN Sports and full episodes are posted to YouTube the following Monday. Hart is the promotion’s middleweight champion and also holds the MLW World Tag titles along with Davey Boy Smith Jr. and Brian Pillman Jr. (under the Freebird rule).

Hart spoke to Wrestling Epicenter about carrying on the Hart Foundation legacy.

“It has been a huge honor to carry the family name and to be from the Dungeon alone and to be the oldest grandson of Stu Hart,” Hart said. “It has its ups and downs. We’ve had a lot of death in our family. But, with death comes either sitting around and moping or getting up and doing something about it and trying to honor the people who are up in Heaven now watching me.”

Hart also praised the treatment he’s received in MLW.

“It has been a tough 20 years with some stuff and a good with others. MLW has probably been the best thing to happen to me except maybe the MTV show (Wrestling Society X). That was a great show but never really did anything after the first season. Hopefully MLW continues doing well and gives me a platform to show my skills.”

Hart also addressed how much longer he’ll wrestle in the interview. The 39-year-old says he plans to wrestle past 50.

“I’m getting a little older. Wrestling is something that you can do until you’re 50, maybe even older. I’m pretty excited about this next couple of years,” Hart said. “A lot of young guys have come up watching guys like Ricochet, Kenny Omega, Neville, The Young Bucks, myself, Jack Evans… I think the evolution of wrestling is something I’m on the forefront of. The evolution of moves. The whole thing with cool outfits and trying to expand the fan base of wrestling for the next 20 years.”

Hart will team with Brian Pillman Jr. in Chicago on Saturday as they look to defend the tag titles against the Dynasty in a ladder match.