IWGP United States Champion Jon Moxley spoke with ESPN to talk about a wide range of pro wrestling topics as part of a feature article about his journey from WWE to NJPW.

During the interview, he spoke about the differences between NJPW and WWE, which is where he made some interesting comments about how it feels like WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon is in the ring with him when he wrestled under the WWE banner.

Moxley beat Juice Robinson for the IWGP US Championship in his NJPW in-ring debut at the Best of the Super Jr. Finals event on June 5 at Sumo Hall in Tokyo, Japan.

“[In WWE,] it’s almost like Vince is in the ring with you, the producer is in the ring with you,” Moxley told ESPN. “It’s like you have two little bubbles on your shoulder, like three heads in the ring. All of a sudden when I got in the ring [in New Japan], five minutes into the match I was like, there’s no chatter. There was no producer-ref-Vince chatter. It was like silence. And I didn’t expect that.”

Moxley continued by stating that he felt like he was alone again in the ring and then started beating Robinson down. He added that it was like what he had been used to.

Now, Moxley is preparing to compete in B-Block matches as part of this year’s NJPW G1 Climax Tournament.