Will Ospreay will become the first wrestler to participate in the New Japan Cup, Best of the Super Juniors, and the G1 in the same year when he competes in his first G1 match in Dallas tonight. Ospreay will take on Lance Archer to kick-off round-robin in the G1 tonight.

Every competing wrestler in the G1 minus Jon Moxley took part in a pre-tournament press conference to promote the first night in Dallas. During the press conference, Will Ospreay said that he plans on representing the junior heavyweights in the G1 this year.

“I’m not going to lie, I’m not great with public speaking and I’m used to doing this in front of Japanese reporters, so this makes me nervous!” Ospreay began. “This is my first G1 and I’m probably the lightest person in this tournament, but I hear I’m having a hell of a year. I never said I’m going to be the best, I said I’m going to do my best. I’m the first person to ever do the New Japan Cup, Best of the Super Juniors and G1 in the same year.”

Ospreay then said he’s going to climb to the top of both weight divisions.

“I now bear the responsibility of the junior heavyweight division. My heart is here, and I will fight as hard as I can with every bit of heart I have. The juniors belong on the main stage and I am going to show that. You guys will be with me every step of the way. I will make you proud, hold the G1 trophy with the title and main event in the Tokyo Dome. I’ll be the king of both weight divisions.”