Kota Ibushi and the returning Kenta (recently known as WWE Superstar Hideo Itami) had a hard-hitting clash at New Japan Pro Wrestling’s G1 Climax’s opening night.

The two faced off on July 6th in Dallas. Their physical war has clearly affected both men, who still have the rest of the tournament ahead of them.

Ibushi took to Twitter in order to share the price he paid in his loss to Kenta. He uploaded two photos showing the extent of the damage he suffered. Heavy bruising and swelling are clearly on display.

In the tweet itself, he reveals that he was able to walk 100 steps. He sets himself the goal of being able up to 200 steps and promises that he won’t give up.

"The leg was a beautiful bone without a fracture! Ligaments? Is it a sprain? I couldn't stop sweating by 30 steps yesterday, but I was able to walk 100 steps today. Because there was an abnormal natural self-healing power until now, i did high pressure oxygen treatment and aimed at 200 steps tomorrow! I woke up to the time difference and pain, so I went to Enitime on the first floor. I won't give up as far as I 💪 can."

Ibushi is currently scheduled to compete in a match this coming Saturday. With Block B wrestlers headlining the show, Block A competitors usually open the card in a series of tag team matches.

He is still advertised as teaming with Young Lion, Yuya Uemura, and CHAOS’ Will Ospreay. The trio will be competing against Los Ingobernables de Japon members BUSHI, SANADA, and EVIL.

His next G1 tournament matchup takes place on Sunday, July 14th against LIJ’s EVIL.