Jim Ross has never been one to shy away from voicing his opinion, even if it’s an observation on the company he’s working for.

Despite the hype and goodwill surrounding All Elite Wrestling, especially ahead of their October television debut and All Out event, Ross isn’t afraid to criticize if he thinks a match or segment isn’t up to scratch.

That’s precisely what he did when speaking to Sirius XM’s Busted Open Radio regarding Fyter Fest’s pre-show.

“Honestly, I wasn’t crazy about it,” Ross admitted. “I do not think it sold enough of what we were doing on the main show. I didn’t think it was what we needed to be doing.”

He continued, “Now, I like comedies—when I’m drinking those are my go-to. I think we have to be selling a good sampling of what we do in the main show. If you have a pregame show for a pay-per-view, those matches shouldn’t just be filler, they should be something.”

Wanting to improve the pre-show output from AEW isn’t the only thing Ross intends to focus on. He also wants to ensure that the entire AEW locker room is prepared for the reality of live TV and a touring schedule, something he claims the majority of wrestlers with an independent background are unfamiliar with.