Sean Waltman recently shared his thoughts on the opening night of New Japan Pro Wrestling’s G1 Climax and named the wrestler he believes to be the “guy” to help propel their global expansion plans.

Speaking on his podcast X-PAC 12360, Waltman pointed to Will Ospreay as the individual that NJPW shoul push to help them grow and reach a wider audience. From his in-ring ability to his physical look, Waltman is clearly a fan of what Ospreay can bring to the table.

“As someone that’s specialty was that style of match, a David and Goliath match, I just thought it was done really well,” Waltman said. “Ospreay, I think he’s the best guy they have especially for the global expansion here in the States. You know, a blond-haired f*****g kid with blue eyes. Good looking f****r, too. His gears are all on point – I was hoping he would win. Lance [Archer] did great though, I was really happy for Lance. I hope they use Lance more moving forward. I hope they use him better.”

The G1 Climax continues on July 13th with the opening night of B Block action. Ospreay will be competing in a tag team match alongside Young Lion, Yuya Uemura, and an injured Kota Ibushi. They will face off against Los Ingobernables de Japon members BUSHI, EVIL, and SANADA.