Chris Jericho attacked Adam “Hangman” Page last night at AEW Fight for the Fallen in Jacksonville. Later in the evening, he came out with a live microphone and talked about how AEW wouldn’t exist without him. He also mentioned during the promo that if he were to lose to Page at All Out, it might be the beginning of the end of Jericho’s career.

Following the show, Jericho said his promo was unscripted.

“Tonight – I said this to Dean Malenko – is the first time in 20 years that I’ve ever done a promo with no script, no approval of what I’m going to say and really no idea of what I’m going to say,” Jericho said. “Just knowing I have a point and some directions that I may or may not want to go. When Hangman got busted open, that changed the entire design of the promo. It was very liberating.”

“If you want creative freedom, we can give you that in AEW,” Jericho continued.

Jericho’s post-match scrum can be viewed in the player below:

Last night at Fight for the Fallen, Jericho delivered a promo first saying he wanted his thank you for creating AEW. He didn’t want a thank you from the many in attendance who attempted to give one to him, however.

“A thank you doesn’t mean anything,” Jericho said on the show. “Because what I’m going to do from now is get my thank you one at a time by beating the crap out of every single person here in All Elite Wrestling starting with the Hangman.”