Last night at AEW Fight for the Fallen, Cody and his older brother Dustin fell to the team of Matt & Nick Jackson, the Young Bucks. The win was the 3rd straight for the Young Bucks but the Rhodes brothers have not been as successful in the new promotion. Cody’s record is now 1-1-1 after having defeated his brother, went to a time-limit draw with Darby Allin, and now lost to the Young Bucks. Dustin has lost to his brother and now lost to the Young Bucks, dropping to an 0-2 record.

Following the event, Cody spoke to the media about

“Heavy, it’s a heavy feeling,” Cody responded when asked how he’s feeling after his match with the Bucks. “There’s no words.”

Cody would continue to talk about what it means to have his brother with him in AEW.

“These moments that are in this entertainment world that we live in, they are real to us,” Cody said. “I know that sounds crazy, it’s all real, but those moments are even more particularly just potent. To be able to share the ring with him, I mean he’s just so good, so good. I want to keep doing these reunions because they never get old to me.”

Cody’s full post-match media scrum can be viewed in the player below:

Earlier in the show, Shawn Spears did what Cody was not able to do at Fyter Fest: pin Darby Allin. Spears pinned Allin in a 6-man tag match after delivering a Death Valley Driver. At Fyter Fest, Spears’ chairshot to Cody required 10 staples too close. The Bucks would show no mercy to Cody during the main event, however, super-kicking their Elite teammate in the back of the head at one point.

Spears has offered up the following reasons as to why he targeting Cody at the last show:

?? Script.

?? Format.

?? Restraints.

Holly, Dibiase Jr., Sandow….everything Cody touches, burns. My truth will be told.

Soon, #TheChairman speaks. #Justified

— Shawn Spears (@Perfec10n) July 7, 2019

“Do the work”

Well done…. LA Fitness Bathroom Selfie “tough guy”

Leave your tears and bag of prepubescent emotions at home Saturday, I don’t have time for that shit.

One more thing, how’s your mentor doing

— Shawn Spears (@Perfec10n) July 10, 2019

Dear Cody,

I pinned the man you couldn’t.

Sincerely,

Your friendly neighborhood #Chairman

— Shawn Spears (@Perfec10n) July 14, 2019