Daniel Bryan is set to make a “career-altering” announcement on this week’s episode of SmackDown Live.

This past Sunday at Extreme Rules, Bryan and Erik Rowan lost the SmackDown tag team championships to the New Day. WWE caught up with Bryan for a post-match reaction and he was livid. He had a dream to elevate the tag team division to excellence, but he failed. He followed his dream, but it was a lost cause.

Bryan then declared that if he wants to change the planet, he has to aim higher. “I have to go where Daniel Bryan has not gone before,” he said cryptically. “I know exactly what i have to do.”

The WWE.com SmackDown preview states Daniel Bryan has a big announcement that will change the course of his career. In the aftermath of his championship loss and subsequent meltdown, Bryan has snapped. The preview reads, “Bryan has promised that this will change the course of his career and shake SmackDown Live to its core. Just what exactly does Bryan have planned?”

Bryan’s promo Sunday night indicates he is moving on from tag team wrestling. We will get a definitive answer in a matter of hours.

Daniel Bryan was initially advertised as one of the 10 competitors in the #1 contender’s Battle Royal on Raw. Sami Zayn replaced him and WWE never explained why. Seth Rollins won the Battle Royal and will challenge Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam. Bryan did not appear on the Raw broadcast, but he was backstage.