Bray Wyatt returned to WWE television on this week’s Raw. He had a new look, including a slimmed-down physique, striped pants and a creepy new mask, which was first seen on Firefly Fun House.

Wyatt has had some expert help in developing the “Fiend,” however. Famed horror and special effects expert Tom Savini and his team helped create Wyatt’s new look, including the mask worn by the Fiend.

First, however, Wyatt needed designs for the mask to take to both Vince McMahon and to Tom Savini’s team.

Wyatt sought out tattoo artist Kyle Scarborough to help in the designing of the mask. Scarborough took to Facebook to tell the story of the mask’s creation.

“I’ll never forget the night Bray texted me,” wrote Scarborough. “Beyond excited with this idea he has and needed my help.”

Baker would design the mask based on ideas given to him by Wyatt. After he sent his designs to Wyatt, Scarborough said he was blown away by his response.

“I was told I ‘saved his career,'”
though Scarborough would note he does not believe that to be the case.

“Vince McMahon saw my renderings to help give him a visual guide for Bray’s idea and it was greenlit,” he continued.

With the designs greenlit, it was off to Tom Savini’s famous makeup and special effects team to turn the designs into reality.
Tom Savini and Bray Wyatt’s FireFly Fun House

Savini is perhaps best known for his work on Friday the 13th, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, and several other high-profile horror movies (too many to list). He has worked on several WWE projects in the past as well including for Triple H’s WrestleMania entrances and masks for Luke Harper and Rowan.

Savini commented on the mask through social media and thanked others who were involved in its creation:

Yowie Wowie! new mask for @wwe superstar @WWEBrayWyatt created by my team. Supervisor: @bakingjason. Special thanks: @SandyMimpson Ell Farrington.

— Tom Savini (@THETomSavini) May 14, 2019

Jason Baker works on Tom Savini’s team and directed the FireFly Fun House episodes. He appeared on the Wrestling Reality podcast to speak about his experience working with Wyatt.

“That man is… what’s that old saying?” Baker asked. “The razor’s edge between genius and insanity? And that man walks that razor’s edge constantly. Very, very smart. Smarter than a lot of people give him credit for. Great to collaborate with. You think you’re gonna throw an idea at him, he comes back with eight. You think you’re gonna hit him up with a piece of trivial knowledge, he’ll hit right back."

Baker continued to talk about his experience working with Wyatt.

“He’ll see your trivial knowledge and then raise ya. He is a unique, unique human being. Its been an absolute pleasure and an honor to get to collaborate with this gentleman — with someone who just puts such a thought process into his craft.”