Trent Seven was a recent guest on the popular podcast, E&C’s Pod Of Awesomeness.

During his discussion with hosts, Edge and Christian, Seven addressed taking pride in performing for NXT UK. He also spoke about which wrestler helped him when it came to understanding wrestling on a deeper level.

When asked how he felt about NXT UK being WWE’s first international brand, Seven responded that there is a “massive amount of pride.”

“You can feel it through the product as well, especially in the in-ring performances you see on the Network,”
he siad. “There’s a lot of pride. It kind of feels sometimes when you look back that it’s almost like your life’s work.”

“Just being the first-ever extension of the North American arm of it as well… It all came around very sharp, and there was a bit of a detour as people were working out the logistics and how it was gonna work. Hats off to Tyler and Pete for putting on the caliber of matches and claiming that title the way they did. It’s a very proud thing to look back on and obviously to carry on with.”

When it comes to pushing himself in the ring, Seven credits Undisputed Era’s Kyle O’Reilly as the man to help him broaden his horizons.

“The first person that comes to mind is Kyle O’Reilly. This was about 2011, I think he’d been wrestling for about a year at that time. He came over as a recommendation from Davey Richards. At that time, I was living and working as a manager of a pub. He was the first international or ‘real’ wrestler I’ve ever wrestled.”

Trent recalled a tumultuous time having to find a new venue for a show he was putting on after the previous site canceled 24 hours previously. After having miraculously secured a new place, his match with O’Reilly would be the first time he ever called a bout in the ring.

“I’ve always heard of these veterans saying ‘we’ll call it out in the ring’ and I was like ‘you’re full of it, no one’s ever done that.’ We went out there and he just battered me for about 25 minutes, and somehow, someway, it just kind of clicked for me. ‘Oh, this is actually wrestling.'”

Trent Seven is currently involved in a feud with WALTER and his stable, Imperium. He recently challenged WALTER to a matchup, claiming that he didn’t care whether the WWE United Kingdom Championship was on the line or not.

NXT UK TakeOver: Cardiff will take place on August 31st from the Motorpoint Arena Cardiff in Cardiff, Wales.