The former “Bad News” Barrett, Wade Barrett, recently appeared onInside The Ropes.

During their conversation, Barrett would recall how WWE Universal Champion, Brock Lesnar, carried himself backstage, behind the scenes.

“Brock was a strange one because, first of all, he never really did the live events,” Barrett said. “I know you guys mainly see the stuff that’s on TV which is RAW and SmackDown, but on top of that, we’re doing four, five, six—if we’re on tour—events per week. So the majority of wrestling we do and the majority of time that we spend around WWE, and the locker room, and the guys is on the non-televised stuff, also known as the ‘house shows’.”

Barrett continued, “He wasn’t at any of those [live events], and even the TV stuff, he’d be there like ten weeks a year or something like that, so he wouldn’t be around very often. So we didn’t spend much time around Brock. When he did get to the arenas, he’d have his own private bus that he would hang out on. And maybe you’d see him for like thirty minutes before he went out for his match, or his promo segment or whatever, but he didn’t really hang around with the guys too much… He wasn’t really a member of the locker room, in that respect. Always a cool guy, but very much kept himself to himself.”

Barrett then regaled the audience with a story about a fan interaction with Brock that took place in a gym.

He explained that he and a few other Superstars were just finishing their workout when Lesnar entered. The entire gym apparently stopped, with people gawking at the size of “The Beast Incarnate”.

One of those people was apparently a big fan of Lesnar and proceeded to follow him around the gym.

“Brock walks into the changing room, and he looks at us and goes, ‘This kid keeps following me around every time I go to a machine! He’s next to me every time I go to a bench, he always comes and sits next to me! He’s really pissing me off.’ We go, ‘Oh okay, see you at the building, Brock, whatever,’ And then Brock walks past us and goes into the back room, the toilet area of the changing room. He goes around the corner.

“Anyway, we’re finishing up and then suddenly, this nervous, sixteen-year-old, nerdy kid pops his head around the locker room,”
Barrett continued. “[…] He’s sneaking around, he’s looking past us, and then suddenly, he spots the toilet area which was just around the corner from where we’re at. This kid kind of stumbles past, walks around the corner, and disappears. A small part of me wanted to tell this kid, ‘No, this isn’t the day.’ But another part of my brain thought, ‘Ya know, the boy has to learn.’ So I didn’t say anything; I just kind of looked at Bray Wyatt and he kind of shrugged his shoulders. We all knew that something bad was about to happen. We were just waiting; we were frozen in time. Suddenly, all you hear is, ‘Are you trying to see my f*****g penis?!’ Followed by this terrified sixteen-year-old running out of there, through the door, never to be seen again.”

Barrett justified that, for the teenager, it was akin to seeing Superman. A real-life hero that he wanted to be close to, forgetting any sense of personal space in the process.

He added that this incident became a running joke backstage in WWE for a while, explaining that “If you’re using the bathroom and Bo Dallas walks around [the corner], ‘Are you trying to see my penis?!’ Or whatever it was.”