Will Ospreay has announced that New Japan Pro-Wrestling has medically cleared him to continue in the G1 Climax 29 tournament. After his match with SANADA on July 14th, NJPW stated that Ospreay had sustained a neck injury and would be taken off the card for Day 4 of the tournament on July 15th. He was originally scheduled to compete in a six man tag team match with Yota Tsuji and Yuya Uemura against Kota Ibushi, Jushin Thunder Liger, and Shota Umino.

Death can kiss me all it wants, it never nails me.

Translation: I got the green light. See you tomorrow Korakuen.

— (@WillOspreay) July 17, 2019

NJPW did not specify the injury, but shared that Ospreay was not suffering from any skeletal or nervous issues. On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer stated that Ospreay sustained a stinger during the match against SANADA, and Ospreay tweeted that he was in a “huge amount of pain.”

Will Ospreay currently has 2 points in the G1 Climax after two of his nine tournament matches, consisting of a loss against Lance Archer on Day 1 and a victory against SANADA on Day 3. Ospreay’s next singles matches in the G1 Climax are Kota Ibushi on July 18th and Kazuchika Okada on July 20th.