Chris Jericho continues to talk about the possibility of AEW signing CM Punk to a contract as he is the biggest free agent in the market right now.

Jericho did so during an interview with Collider Live where he noted that AEW doesn’t need Punk to be a part of their roster.

“Do we need him? No. Would it be a huge pop to get him? Yes. I don’t know, man. I don’t know what his attitude or mindset is. I think our roster is jam-packed right now.”

Jericho continued by stating that All Elite Wrestling is not headhunting WWE talent as they don’t want to be WCW in 1998 or TNA in 2011 where they brought in former WWE talent. He noted that he does think it’s funny that WWE stars are being offered double the money to stay under contract with WWE.

The reason that AEW has this mindset is due to them having enough talent that no one else has seen before such as Jungle Boy and MJF, who appeals to a different demographic.

AEW’s next event is All Out, which takes place will take place on August 31st at the Sears Centre in Chicago, IL and has already sold out. The event will air on pay-per-view.