Former WWE Champion CM Punk is on tap to do a one-on-one interview at the big Starrcast III convention next month.

The news was made on Twitter by the promotion and Sports Illustrated on Thursday. The three-day Starrcast III convention is scheduled to take place from August 29 – September 1st at the Hyatt Regency Chicago. For ticket information, visit Starrcast.com.

Punk will be the new headliner for the convention. Obviously, with this announcement of his appearance and AEW holding their All Out pay-per-view during Starrcast III weekend, there will be speculation about him appearing at the show.

As of this writing, Punk is not under contract with AEW. The former WWE star spoke with SI.com as part of the announcement where he noted that he’s looking forward to the appearance.

“A highlight is easily anytime anyone has a story,” said Punk. “I do about one signing a year and the best part is always finding out how you’ve touched people’s lives in a meaningful way. A lot of it can be heavy; helped someone get clean, helped somehow with the loss of a loved one. I am always touched to know the private intimate stories people have.”

Starrcast creator Conrad Thompson was also reached for a comment where he hyped it by stating that the convention will be able to provide a rare experience for fans.

“We wanted to bring something unique and that hasn’t been done before at Starrcast,” said Thompson. “I’ve always wanted to have Punk at Starrcast but the timing was never right, and I’m really excited that the stars have aligned for this August.”